Powell River Kayak & Canoe Regatta
Saturday April 23, 2022
1. By April 23, 2022, you must be 18 years or older. Ages 15 - 17 may enter if in a boat with parent or legal guardian.
2. Event is a 12-mile paddle on the Powell River (Class 1) from start at Well Being Retreat Center, Tazewell, TN and ends at Riverside Rentals in Harrogate, TN.
3. Provide your own boat, paddle(s), safety gear, river shoes, water & snacks. Or make prior arrangements to rent a boat, paddle and Personal Floatation Device (PFD) from Riverside Rentals.or other kayak rental business.
4. If your single kayak is longer than 18 feet or weighs less than 40 lbs enter in "Racing Kayak" category. If your double canoe or double kayak is not manufactured as a "Recreational" boat or weighs less than 3 pounds per foot of length plus 6 pounds, then enter the Racing Kayak Category.
5. Entry fees are non-refundable: $35 for single events and "Recreational" category; $55 for doubles event. Boats in the Recreation category may be single or doubles, kayaks or canoes, men and/or women, same age rules as #1 above. Entry Fees will increase by $5 after Noon on Thursday April 30, 2020. Pre-Registration closes at Noon on Friday May 1, 2020. Latecomer registration on the day of the event shall be $40 per boat and only entry in the "Recreational" category will be allowed.
6. Cash prizes of $150 to 1st Place & $50 for 2nd Place will be awarded in each race category. There is no prize money for the "Recreation" category.
7. Race Day will begin at 9:00 AM. Races will be started at approx. 20 minute intervals by category. Start Times for each category are found here.
8. Sign-in at the Starting Area at least 30 minutes before the Start Time for your event. If not at the Starting Area at least 20 minutes your Start Time, you will be disqualified.
9. A Coast Guard approved floatation device (life jacket) & river shoes (not flip flops) are required to be worn during the race.
10. Be prepared for any river or weather conditions that may arise - the Powell River is not dammed and can have highly variable flows. The Regatta organizers reserve the right to reschedule the Regatta if river or weather (lightning) conditions are dangerous, in their sole opinion. In such case, entry fees will be refunded upon written request.
11. Participants (and their guests) are responsible for loss or damage to any personal property including boats, paddles, gear, electronic devices, watches, cameras, eyeglasses, etc. for any reason.
12. Dogs, firearms, alcohol, and/or illicit drugs are not allowed at the Regatta or at the Start or Finish Line sites.
13. Paddlers shall not interfere with any other boat or paddler.
14. Net proceeds from the event will be used exclusively for the Powell River Blueway Trail Project to improve public access to the Powell River.
NOTE: The 12 mile race starts just downstream of River Mile 92. River Miles are marked. Finish Line is near RM 80.