To Register for the 2017 Third Annual Powell River Kayak & Canoe Regatta, go to Webscorer.com.
1. You must be 18 years or older by April 29, 2017. However if you are 16 or 17 by April 29, 2017, you may paddle with your parent or legal guardian in the same boat. A waiver must be signed by the parent or legal guardian at Race sign-in.
2. The Event is a 12 mile paddle on the Powell River (Class 1) starting at Well Being Conference Center in Tazewell, TN and ending at Riverside Rentals in Harrogate, TN.
3. Provide your own boat, paddle(s), safety gear, river shoes, water & snacks.
4. On Webscorer Registration, for a singles events, leave the “Team Members” field blank. If you are entering a Double Kayak or Canoe, enter your paddling partner’s First and Last Name in the “Team Members” field.
5. If your singles kayak is longer than 18 feet or weighs less than 40 lbs, enter as “Racing Kayak.”
6. If your boat is an SUP of any kind, register it in the “SUP” event.
7. Entry fees are $30 per single kayak or SUP entry and $50 per boat for canoe and double kayak. Entries will be limited to the first 120 boats registered. Registration for competitive events will close at Noon EST on April 28, 2016 or when 120 boats are registered, whichever occurs sooner. If there is still space, late entries will be allowed and will paddle last on Race Day. No prize money is offered for these “late entry paddlers.” Entry fees are non-refundable.
8. Cash prizes of $150 to 1st Place & $50 for 2nd Place will be awarded in each race category, except the “Recreational” category.
9. Recreational Category will be for people who are not racing to win and want to paddle with friends who may be of a different gender or age category. Same entry fees apply as for competitive events.
10. Race Day will begin at 9:00 AM. Races will be started at about 20 minute intervals based on race categories. Start Times for each category will be announced at least 5 days prior to Race Day.
11. Sign-in at the Starting Area at least 30 minutes before the Start Time for your event. If not at the Starting Area at least 20 minutes your Start Time, you will not be allowed to race.
12. A Coast Guard approved floatation device (life jacket) & river shoes (not flip flops) are required to be worn during the race.
13. Be prepared for any river or weather conditions that may arise – the Powell River is not dammed and can have significantly variable flows. The Regatta organizers reserve the right to reschedule the Regatta if river or weather (lightning) conditions warrant, in their sole opinion. In such case, entry fees will be refunded upon written request.
14. Participants (and their guests) are responsible for loss or damage to any personal property including boats, gear, electronic devices, watches, cameras, eyeglasses, etc. for any reason.
15. Dogs, firearms, alcohol, and/or illicit drugs are not allowed at the Regatta.
16. Paddlers shall not interfere with any other boat or paddler.
17. Net proceeds will be used to improve access for paddlers onto the Powell River. (The Powell River Blueway project.)